American Mathematics Competitions in Ukraine
The MAA’s American Mathematics Competitions (MAA AMC) program leads the nation in strengthening the mathematical capabilities of the next generation of problem-solvers. The MAA AMC program helps America’s educators identify talent and foster a love of mathematics through classroom resources and friendly competition. The MAA AMC program positively impacts the analytical skills needed for future careers in an innovative society.
The American Mathematics Competitions are a series of examinations and curriculum materials that build problem-solving skills and mathematical knowledge in middle and high school students.
- American Mathematics Competition 8 (AMC 8): AMC’s middle school level competition*
- American Mathematics Competition 10/12 (AMC 10/12): AMC’s high school level competition*
- American Invitational Mathematics Examination (AIME): AMC’s invitational competition for high-scoring AMC 10/12 participants
- United States of America Mathematical Olympiad (USAMO) and United States of America Junior Mathematical Olympiad (USAJMO): AMC’s top invitational competition for high-scoring AIME participants
- The Putnam Competition: An annual mathematics competition for undergraduate college students in the United States and Canada
Information for Students and Parents
What are the MAA American Mathematics Competitions?
The Mathematical Association of America American Mathematics Competitions (MAA AMC) program is a great way for students to hone their analytical thinking and problem-solving skills through classroom resources and friendly competition.
What are the benefits of participating in the MAA American Mathematics Competitions?
- Develop essential problem-solving and analytical skills
- Get an advantage in the college application process
- Prepare for a variety of different science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) career paths
- Practice standard common core curriculum in a fun and supportive environment
In 1950, the first Mathematical Contest, sponsored by the New York Metropolitan Section of the Mathematical Association of America (MAA), took place. It was given in approximately 200 schools to around 6,000 students in the New York area only. Today, the competition has grown to over 300,000 students participating annually, in over 4,000 schools.
International students and US students studying abroad participate in AMC competitions through one of Math Association of America International Group Leaders (IGLs). Students must register for the competitions through the IGL in the country they reside.
Students presently residing in Ukraine or live in other countries due to the war in Ukraine should contact Larisa Bukalov, the MAA Liaison to Ukraine email@example.com